Tuesday, July 21, 2009

This is to you Ray!

I have to put this post in honor of my fabulous husband! For those of you who don't know, Ray has a secret obsession with Rick Bayless. Yes the chef. Well, he came home with a cook book the other day and Ray immediately had to cook something. So, he made breakfast, but the best part was his dinner. The Robinson's came over and Leslie helped him cook! He made shredded beef, roasted serrano guac and salsa and hand made gorditas (yes he hand rolled the masa and grilled and fried the gorditas to the perfect puff). It all turned out so great and I think that he did a great job! He was pretty proud himself, so I had to take pics. It may look gross on film, but the pics really don't do it justice!! Thanks Rick for inspiring my hubby!


Ray puffing his gorditas!
Leslie helping out, or just looking over his shoulder :)
The feast! I mean, it was sooooo great!
And the gorditas!! So yummy!