Sunday, August 2, 2009

I'm back!!!

Well, I'm back from my eventful week in Wichita Falls at North Texas State Hospital! For those of you who don't know, it is the state mental hospital! It was literally "crazy" and I pray that I NEVER have to go back there. I was over it on the first day, and it just escalated after the first day.

A few events that happened: I met Jesus Christ. SHE was 56 years old living that age, thinking she is 3. She told me that she was best friends with George Washington and Abe Lincoln. She also took her "medical doctor exam" when she was 1 year old. I was very impressed by her and she really was smart. She could tell me a lot of things and was extremely observant!

I was most interested in speaking to the Psychiatrists and learning everything they had to tell me. They did a lot of one on one meetings with the patients that I was able to sit in on, so that was really cool. It is cool to learn out of your textbook and be able to see it exactly in a patient. I got to see live a person with Borderline personality disorder and Narcisstic. It was unbelieveable!!

All in all it was a huge learning experience and I left there feeling more sad that these people have to live with this illness and their families are too.

Ray and I got Campbell back on Saturday morning and I am so happy!!! It was the sweetest meeting ever! Campbell just looked at me and giggled and hugged my neck for 10 minutes straight and wouldn't let go. She kept saying "I missed you too mommy". Oh, it broke my heart and was bawling the whole time! I was so happy to see her and don't want to be without her again for that long! Thanks so much Grammie and Papa for watching her this week and making it as painless as possible for us! We love you so much. :))


No comments: